The Fam

The Fam

Friday, February 22, 2008

Updates



I have fallen off the bloggy bandwagon! I was tagged by my lovely cuz Biddy. I had to ask what a tag was. Sad, I know.

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people. & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.



1. A book I just finished, Lamb by Chris Moore

2. Done

3. "Well, so far, it seems to be moist." Side note: I really hate the word "moist".

4. "Moist?"

"Yeah, but I can't say it's always that way, just in my experience. Maybe we should ask a harlot?"

"Better yet," Joshua said, looking around, "I'll ask Titus. He's older, and he looks as if he's sinned a lot."

5. Instead of tagging anyone since I'm not sure how that works anyway, I think I should explain #3 and #4. Lamb is a fictional account about Jesus's (or Joshua) adventures during the time of his life that is not mentioned in the bible (around age 12-30). The story is told by Joshua's childhood friend, Biff. On this particular page, Biff is experimenting "for Joshua" as Joshua has been told by the angel that he can never be with a woman.

Anyhow, the book is hilarious if you can get past the slightly sacrilegious tone of it all.

Now, for updates.


In the past 2 weeks, Reed has been to 4 Dr. visits. As it turns out, he had the flu and double ear infections all last week. This morning we saw the ENT and he will have tubes put in next Friday.

A depiction of the result of me trying to work from home and let Reed "entertain himself"





Rustin got strep throat and pink eye this week.





Thade and I are both well, thank goodness.
I was just informed that Reed is the bully of his class at school. Apparently, if he wants something, he will climb on top another child and pull his/her hair/head back to get them away from the toy he wants. I laughed. I know I should be more concerned but he's 11 months old! He laughs when I say no, he laughs when I slap his hand, he doesn't know any better right now. I'd like to think he's a go-getter!

This weekend will be a fun, yet very busy weekend. Thade will be baptized on Sunday. We are all very proud of him. I am also having Reeds 1st birthday party on Sunday. We are expecting around 40 people in my 2000 square foot home. Wow. I also plan to make a Baby Einstein Caterpillar cake. Seeing as I am not Betty Crocker and I don't generally bake, this should be interesting.






Lastly, I really can't have 2 more months left can I??


Here is a picture 2 weeks from delivering Reed:



Here is a picture taken today, 9 weeks from my due date!





I am huge. Looks like I'm having a WNBA all-star. Or a Rosie O'Donnell. I should go ahead and schedule my lipo.

2 comments:

The Potts Family said...

You are NOT having a Rosie O'Donnell, but that made me laugh!
Sorry everyone is so sick!
You should pick up some Oscillococcinum at Walgreens or CVS. Its like Tamiflu only homeopathic. Reed is too young to take it, but if the rest of you start to feel flu symptoms, it will actually work better than Tamiflu.
Hope everyone is better soon and that everything goes well with the tubes. At least with the tubes in he won't have antibiotic after antibiotic and build resistance.
Chiropractors are good for draining ear fluids too. I'm going to start taking Braelyn in for preventative medicine - regular adjustments. I've read a lot of good stuff about it lately, but I've also become a hippie in the past year, so there you go!
But the Oscillococcinum is supposed to work great. I started taking it today b/c I'm feeling a little icky and the person I work closest to at work, go to lunch with, etc. just got a positive flu test result. ick.

Biddy said...

you crack me up girl! hehehehe

i can't wait to see baptism & birthday pictures!!