The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dash

I started this post this morning waiting at my surgeon's office for my surgery follow up.  I wrote about how the surgery went well and about all the work I have yet before me to get this hand functioning.  And how frustrating it is, but how I know God has this!  And then I started writing about Sharon, because she and her family has been in my thoughts without pause.  And now I've just deleted everything to start over.

I am blessed.  I don't deserve 10 fingers, or even 2 arms.  But by the grace of God, I have 2 arms and 9 fingers.  I have legs and I am healthy.  I have 3 wonderful, healthy children and a husband that loves me just as God calls him to.  I am fortunate enough to have more income than 95% of the people in this world (and you do too if your household income is more than $35K).  I am a talented recruiter and somewhat charasmatic juggler.  Well, I juggled once in high school anyway.  The point is, what am I doing with my dash?  Gene Stallings spoke at an event I attended yesterday and he talked about our dash.  The dash is the symbol that has the most meaning on a tombstone. It's the symbol between your birth and your death.


Today, we say goodbye to an amazing woman who did a whole lot with her dash.  Sharon Washburn went home to receive her eternal reward today. 


Isn't she beautiful? Always thinking of others, Sharon covered up the ridiculous glove I had to wear just after surgery for this photo.  This was taken 8 days ago.  It seems like 8 years ago I miss her so much already.  I'm not worried about Sharon.  She was so excited about the people she would meet in heaven.  Abraham, Jacob, Moses, friends and family that had passed from this earthly world.  She was so amazing, it's no wonder Jesus could wait for her no longer.  But I know she will miss her husband Mike and her precious daughters, Randi and Taylor.  Please pray for them.  It would bring me great joy to know my blog readers pray for her family, even if you don't know her.

I believe God wrote this chapter in my life a billion, trillion, gazillion more years ago than I can even fathom.  I pray that I keep my ears and eyes open to follow His plan as best I know how.  He has big plans for my dash.  This I know without a doubt.  I'm sharing my story in our class at The Hills Southlake Campus on Sunday.  The good, bad and ugly.  But it's mostly good because God's plan is good!

3 comments:

The Gradke Family said...

We will definitely keep her family in our prayers. I know she has a blessing for you over the last few months. Time to start working on my dash! (Thanks for the reminder...)
P.S. you know PJ will comment on you seeing Gene Stallings...

Anonymous said...

Praying for this family knowing God will put his arms around us at such times gives me comfort so I pray for his arms to be around this family

Anonymous said...

什么烹饪好看