The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

73 pieces of candy

I came home to an opened package that arrived for Thade today from his grand-parents. I opened the lid and to my dismay (delight?) I find it is filled to the brim with candy bars. Not the "fun size" candy bars but full fledged snickers bars, bags of skittles, sour patch packs and much more. I actually took inventory (after I sent 4 candy bars home with Nanny and the 2 candy bars I later find out Thade ate in rapid succession as soon as the box was open).
7 Sour Skittles
5 M&Ms
5 Starbusts
2 Twix
3 Hershey Bars
2 Super Size Sour Patch packs
2 Reeses
2 Kit Kats
6 Airheads
3 Snickers
3 Milky Way
14 Slim Jims
7 Blow Pops
7 Tootsie Roll Pops

I know what you're thinking. "Yeah right, you're embellishing. I mean who would go out and buy 73 candy bars, pack them in a box, and mail them 4 states away?"





I must admit, I'm tempted to lock myself in my room, eat candy bar after candy bar while I mourn the next 4 years in advance. (Why not, the government will soon be paying my medical bills right? Just like they will pay my mortgage? Rustin did change our mortgage billing address today to:
1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20500 Attn: Obama/White House)

But instead I'll take them to work, get in the Obama spirit and "spread the wealth".

1 comment:

The Gradke Family said...

My brother is so smart. I am going to take his advice and change all my bills to 1600 PA. Ave

I guess that is what Obama meant by "Change"