The Fam

The Fam

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello BlueCross, it's me Heather

So BlueCross BlueShield (or should I say Overhead Door Corp) really thought they hit it big with a member that passes every well check up with flying colors and has a anomaly child who's never even had an ear infection.  Well, the medical expenses the Gradke family has incurred this month will make every premium payment I ever made worth it.  Probably every house and car insurance premium payment too.  Today Thade had his well check and we found out he has Scoliosis.  We don't know yet the degree but he had an X-ray late this afternoon.  We should know more tomorrow.  I'm guessing his practice of hunching over the XBox for 12 hours a day will not be recommended therapy.  So, I'm asking for more prayers.  Please pray the scoliosis is not serious and that Thade can continue a normal, active life - with better posture.

I've started therapy and in addition to my home exercises, see the occupational therapist 2x per week.  I asked for a parking pass my last visit and the valet guy was all, "what do I look like?  a college campus security guard".  And I'm like, "what I look like?  money bags?".  And then my BMW pulled up and all I had was my sad looking hand to wave around for pity.  I still didn't get a parking pass.

Tomorrow I see my surgeon again and get the stitches removed.  Not really looking forward to it.  I wonder if they can put me under for that?  My finger doesn't look better, but I'm hoping it's just because I see it everyday.  I'm praying the surgeon sees something else that means no skin grafts, no more surgery.

On to less depressing stuff - kid pictures!

Adalae helps Barbara water the plants.


 Reed loves "butter cake". He also wore this hat for 72 hours straight.  Frisco Rough Riders game.

Thade made this boat with his granddad.  He could only use duct tape and cardboard.  Crazy, huh?  He placed 3rd in the race and won best style.



 Reed got to join the boys annual camping trip this year.  It was so cold, the trip lasted an entire 12 hours.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures will pray for all. Myron asked me last night if his wound looked better I said I cant tell and he said wrong answer. Told wound care lady today and she laughed when you see it everyday it is hard to tell but she measured and it is smaller.

The Gradke Family said...

Thade's boat is pretty sweet. We should take it down dome rapids! - RG

krist mueller said...

Your family may be cuter then mine. May have to trade when its family photo time. Hows the medical situation?