The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gender Reveal

So, apparently I am "advanced maternal age" which is kinda cool because I get all this extra prenatal care.  One of these extras was a special old lady sonogram at 13 weeks in which we found out our Downs chances are 1 in 623,000 (or something that sounded really unlikely, thank you Lord) PLUS the gender of our little pea! 

There has been lots of talk around here about boys vs. girls.

Boys are the best because:
  • They can wear the same pair of jeans for 13 days in a row and nobody would notice or care, including the boy himself.  In fact, boys don't much care about what they wear, or don't wear.  Reed comes in the door each day and immediately strips off his shirt and his underwear (yes, his underwear; don't even ask about this child of mine).
  • The more boys we have, the less weddings we pay for.
  •  Less drama.  I don't know about your daughters, but my mine came out with an attitude and a tiara. 

Girls are the best because:
  • Less pee on the bathroom floor.  Seriously, someone (not me but maybe you) should invent a training course on how to aim the pee IN THE BOWL. You know, like puppy training.  Now I'd pay for that.
  • ACCESSORIES.  I just love playing dress up with my precious little doll daughter.  The boys will have no part in styling their hair, sporting a cool trendy bracelet or skinny jeans.  On second thought, I think I'm OK with this.
  • They can just be still.  This seems to be an impossible feat for my boys, but Adalae is the best snuggler in the whole wide world. 

Turn up your sound and enjoy the littles reaction to the big news.  God has been so good to us. We feel so incredibly blessed and are beyond excited (well most of us anyway).





3 comments:

lorrikim said...

oh, I love it. I bet Reed will do a lot of the loving (and the protecting!) of his sweet sister.

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it r u sure it is just one cause you know what Myron would say

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

That is awesome. I especially love your son at the end saying, "How do you know it's a girl?" Congratulations!