The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Christmas Rustin

Finally, this was going to be the year that I bought Rustin the perfect gift. A home theatre system/surround sound. So I've spent every spare moment over the last few weeks researching and learning more than I ever wanted to know about HDMI inputs, multi-zone, optical cables and the such. I've also been stashing cash away to make this purchase without Rustin noticing it gone and hoping I could really surprise him for once. On Friday, I found a great system and at a steal so I made the journey to Plano and bought it.

Today, Rustin gets out of going to a birthday party with the kids and I because he is tired and needs to take a nap. I give him a hard time but get over it since he was up with Adalae last night. So the kids and I head to Shreveport (or was it Garland?) to celebrate Keanne's 5th birthday. Rustin calls me as we are leaving and he obviously is not at home napping as I hear what sounds like highway traffic so I ask where he is. He proceeds to tell me he is on his way home and did some Christmas shopping. My next thought is of guilt and how thoughtful, he didn't really want to nap but just have an opportunity to shop without me around.

I come home 45 minutes later to see Rustin in the family room floor with HIS Christmas present to himself spread about him. Lo and behold, Rustin went out and bought himself a home theatre system.

I mean, who does that? Doesn't everyone know you don't make a purchase like that ELEVEN days before Christmas?

So, I now have a factory sealed Phillips HTS3544 5.1 Home Theatre System. If any of you want it, it's yours for $150.

Last year, he couldn't think of a thing he wanted for Christmas.

Four days after Christmas, he went out and bought an Iphone.

3 comments:

Rustin said...

She forgot to mention that she also received an early Christmas present.

The Gradke Family said...

what was her present? I may want the surround system, let me do some research on it first...ha.

Jen said...

Mike does that too!!! Drives me crazy! Don't buy anything for yourself right before Christmas...especially if it happens to be something that you have specifically requested to receive for Christmas. DUH!