The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

After a friendly reminder from my sweet mother-n-law and Aunt Ann of what a blog slacker I've become that some do enjoy reading my blog, I'll highlight the last 2 months in Gradke land.

Adalae:
Now blows kisses, walks, is a mommy's girl, and will continue to eat anything and everything until she reaches the point of regurgitation.
Reed:
Talks ALL THE TIME (as evidenced in the video at the end), now sleeps in a big-boy car bed with Elmo sheets, loves to sit on the potty AFTER he pees in his diaper, is a daddy's boy, and only eats french fries and pretzels.

This is where we sometimes find Reed sleeping after an especially tough night of our failed attempts to keep him in bed.



Thade:
Recently came home with his first black eye, doesn't care much for mommy or daddy unless he wants something (not really - he is still a sweet boy most of the time), and eats like a full grown man.
Rustin:
Was in CA all last week for work. This is all that comes to mind as during this same week I played single mom -- the babies started swim lessons, Thade got in a fist fight, and Reed got double ear infections.
Side note: Adalae's baby dedication was also last week. I almost didn't mention this part since I felt super guilty for not going but at this point I'm over the guilt and content with survival.
Me:
I got a new Tahoe. And it's black! I started a new job. I plan to start grad school in the fall. And I might very well be insane. The new job has seriously put a hamper on my blog posting ability for 2 reasons.
#1. I like what I'm doing and would rather be doing my actual work while at work.
#2. Blogs are restricted sites.

Other notes of interest, this Saturday I am throwing 2 (yes TWO) separate birthday parties. This weekend will raise my party host tally to 6 in the last 2.5 months. Thade will be 12 and Adalae is 1 already! Obviously, I tried talking Thade into sharing his party with his sister but I guess "cool" doesn't involve Baby Einstein when your 12. And Adalae WILL be having a Baby Einstein party because I saved all of Reed's decorations from last year. I even saved the Einstein candle that was on his birthday cake. I am not above reusing a candle!

About this time next month, I will officially have been on this earth for 3 decades.

Ok, that covers the major stuff. Now time for pictures!

Easter at Mimi's in Atown.



MeMaw and Adalae



I got one out of three possibly looking at the camera but all 3 are looking in the vincinity of the camera. I'm liking it!





Spring Break vacation - 20 something hours in the car later





The beach






PJ and Adalae






Grandpa, Reed and Peaches














Mimi's great grand children







Reed takes care of bidness!










I have the greatest husband in the world. It's 9:30 on Sunday night and Rustin is at the grocery store for me. I am blessed!

3 comments:

The Potts Family said...

I've missed you! Glad for the update. Your kids are getting so big. Great family pic at the beach.
We should do a Happy Hour soon. I know that's hard with kids, but I think we deserve it.
Where is your new job located? We could meet somewhere in between.

Kristen said...

Your family is so beautiful! Those are great pics:)

Vanson's Mom said...

We've missed you! So glad to have you back! Oh... and happy birthday! Yes, I saw that incredibly small font that declared you're going to be 30! Congrats!