The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, December 20, 2007

2 Hairwashes tonight anyone?

I think the girls at work get tired of hearing how crazy life tends to be with a 10 year old, a 9 month old, and 5 months pregnant with your third child. For instance, my night last night. Generally speaking, baby Reed is very well-behaved and goes to sleep very easily. Unless, that is, Daddy and brother are gone to the Mavs game and Mommy is left to fend for herself, fend for Reed, finish the wrapping for Christmas, laundry, and all after 8pm when we finally rolled home because we leave town in 2 days for TWO weeks.
So, around 8pm we get home and Reed is asleep. Normally, I would say forget the bath tonight, I work full time, the nursery will understand if Reed is a little sticky tomorrow or has dirt under his fingernails. However, Reed had clumps of sweet potato in his hair and I know I couldn't get away with that. Reluctantly, I wake Reed from his coma and put him in the bath at 8:15 (15 minutes past his usual bed-time). Because I also have super-human speed, (or because I'm wanting to get to this, or this, and especially this since my Suns loving husband and Mavs loving son were at the game) at approximately 8:16, we are finished, rocking in the chair having our bottle. Around 9pm (yes 45 minutes of rocking this night), we fall asleep.
Free at last, free at last. Around 9:03, Reed starts coughing and before I get to his bedroom, I hear the dreaded sound of spewing liquid from his monitor. I return to find vomit in the freshly washed hair, sheets, Pj's, everywhere. Needless to say, after a 2nd bath, it was close to 10pm before little Reed went back to sleep and Mommy started her chores. When I finally got to bed, baby girl decided to wake up and kick me to brethren for half an hour. So much for my relaxing night at home without the big boys. He is so worth it.



I know I should be thankful for any extra time I have, even if it is after 10pm. Things will be much different when baby girl arrives!

No comments: