The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, December 22, 2007

O Abilene, O Abilene

We got home a couple of hours ago from a 18 hour stay in Abilene because Rustin was sure our flight left at 7am tomorrow morning. Funny thing, we get home and Rustin finds out our flight doesn't leave until 3pm tomorrow afternoon. Big difference! So I've now packed our entire lives in a bag that I will proceed to unpack tomorrow because I'll need 1/2 the stuff for the baby.


The boys got lots of cool stuff as did Rustin and I. Here is Rustin pictured in his favorite gift of all, courtesy of my Mimi.


Didn't get any pics of the boys before the camera died.


I knew it was a matter of time before the 911 call happened. Here's how it went:


Reed picks up cordless phone and proceeds to push buttons.

I say in my mocking baby voice, "Reed are you going to call 911?"

Reed tires of phone and moves on to something more interesting, like eating wrapping paper. 5 minutes later, phone rings. Because my family is as oblivious as me most times, it rings 16 times before Aunt Kathleen finally says, "Where is the phone?!" I see it lying next to my leg and pick it up.

I say, "It says City of Abilene."

A chorus, "well answer it!"

911 operator, "We had a 911 call, is there an emergency?"

I say, "No, I just instructed my 9 month old to call 911 to show my family how smart and advanced he is for his age"


Why in the world would the emergency call gods decide to make the emergency number 2 digits in perfect baby/toddler position?? Wouldn't 582 make more sense to keep little grubby fingers from reaching the emergency numbers?


I also learned from my husband what a "blowby" was today. Here's how it went:

We are in car driving back from Abilene.

I say, "what smells?!!??"

Rustin says, "I had a blowby"

I say, "what is that??!!"

Rustin, "when a fart blows by a poop on it's way out"


So romantic.


Saw Aaron Watson last night in Abilene. Quanah Parker was out in full cowboy gear performing the cotton eye joe.


Ever raced a 6 year old girl to a bathroom stall before? I'm ashamed to admit that today I did, but proud to say I won.

1 comment:

MP said...

blowby..is that like a blow by or a blowbie.. I think this is a VERY cool word ... can you tell I'm a bloggie/friend of Biddy/Brandy's LOL!