The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, April 10, 2008

God Bless Texas

If you have not ever gotten your kids out of bed at 3am to hide in the bathroom because the tornado sirens were going off, I highly recommend it. The best part is trying for another 2 hours to get the baby back to sleep. Then, you wake up 1 hour late for work and get to iron clothes for your 5th graders dance competition at school, (I NEVER iron my clothes) only to find out 30 minutes later as you try to drop him off, the schools are closed because of power outages. Then we argue for another 30 minutes because he doesn't want to come to work with me and would rather sit at home by himself and fry his brain on Youtube.
So, here we sit at my office while he fries his brain on youtube.

At least we don't have earthquakes in Texas.

I turned off the filter that only allows registered users to comment. I'm sure this is the reason that only Biddy leaves me comments, and it's not because no one but her is reading my blog!
Sooo, if you need a stronger hint, leave me comments!

3 comments:

Biddy said...

haha i'm such a comment whore. i lurve me some comments!

anyway, i'll definitely take a tornado over an earthquake or hurricane! it was so funny being in Nana's house with a tornado warning. i kept thinking i should get in the hall with the dogs and a bunch of pillows...oh and that stupid wooden box

Heather Gradke said...

You mean a light rain doesn't also make you want to hide in the hall with pillows and the dog?

Biddy said...

hahahahahhaaaaa or even a 10% chance we might have a thunderstorm next week...

let's not forget the cordless phone too because that will totally come in handy when the electricity goes out