The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Is Sex a Dirty Word?

Look at what my brain child toddler learned to do on Mommy's laptop:







Cool trick huh? Especially when it's 5:30, you are on the phone with a client, cooking dinner and have a crying 13 month old trying to climb your swollen 9 month pregnant leg.



I had lunch with Thade recently. I really think Thade likes for me to eat lunch with him just so he can have his own little social hour. When I get there, he already has 1 friend sitting at the "parent's eat lunch with their kids table". Within 5 minutes, he had 3 friends sitting with him and was trying to invite more! It really is sad how fat kids are these days. And I can see why. I would guess that more than 85% of the kids in that lunch room were eating ice cream. This, added to the fried chicken and chocolate milk on the menu must equal more than the amount of calories these kids should eat in a meal. I have to admit, I'm not one of those moms that makes her kids lunch everyday (or ever for that), but I do not let him have the "extras". If he wants something else, he can take a pre-approved snack from home. Not that is would matter much if I did make his lunch. One of the 3 boys sitting with us had his lunch that his mommy makes everyday. It consisted of a sandwich, chips, apple and Gatorade. Sound nutritious? Guess what he actually ate for lunch? The chips and 2 snickers ice cream bars from the lunch line. Thade ate his sandwich for him. Like his mother, he could eat a turkey sandwich for every meal of the day.

Now, I want to take a quick poll. How many of your husbands will change a poopy diaper? Fortunately, I have a husband that, for the most part, changes his fair share of diapers. However, yesterday at church Reed had a dirty diaper and it was Rustin's turn. He was too embarrassed to be caught in a public men's restroom changing a poopy diaper. Now, he apparently will change a pee diaper anytime of the day in a public restroom but according to Rustin, "It's unexpected to find a man in a public restroom changing a poopy diaper." Considering I only hang out in the men's restroom on special occasions, I'm not sure of the protocol. Is this true or did I get conned into changing a poopy diaper when it wasn't my turn?

We attended a seminar at church yesterday entitled, "Sex, it's not a dirty word." It was targeted at parents, kids, etc. Thade attended the last session with us at 1pm. Thankfully, they sat the kids separately from us as I think Thade and Rustin were about tied on the scale of awkardness. Anytime we mentioned the word sex around Thade, his response was "Ewwww." Apparently, sex IS a dirty word still to my almost 11 year old (THANK GOD).
Anyhow, here is her website. She is really great and has written some books. One item you will find is a coloring book for the younger kids about inappropriate touching, etc.

3 comments:

Biddy said...

my hubby changes ALL the dirty diapers.

oh wait...scratch that...that's my IMAGINARY husband...

and i'm very impressed with Reed's tech skills! he could come work for our office. i hear we're looking for a new programmer

The Potts Family said...

Jay will change a diaper - wet or poopy - at CHURCH any time - only because he can take a break from the service. He has that "can't sit still" thing going on. Now at home....I have to trick him into changing the poopy ones.

Anonymous said...

FYI: Rustin is correct, it is definately against "protocol" to change a dirty diaper int eh mens room. (Especially a little girl diaper.)
RG