The Fam

The Fam

Monday, April 21, 2008

Thade's birthday

We had Thade's 11 birthday party at Skate Town yesterday. The kid ended up with $380 in cash and gift cards. This doesn't include the random array of actual gifts he got from us, his uncle, grandmother and aunt. $380?? That is nuts to me. I can remember being his age and hoping for $50 so that I could buy a pair of Nikes. So Thade bought a new cell phone and new IPOD nano. Mind you, he JUST bought a nano with his birthday money last year. But that was before the new nano came out and the old boring black and white one just doesn't do it for him anymore.

Anyhow, back to the party. The party was scheduled from 3-5. At 4, I was already complaining that I should have ended it at 4:30. I was so ready to go. Reed was everywhere, but thanks to my mother, my brother, Rustin and his brother Ryan, I didn't have to do much waddling-chasing. About 5:15, there are still 3 kids left and they are telling me they are staying until 6pm and their parents have all said it's OK. Who does that?? I then get to call all their parents to verify they know I AM NOT staying until 6pm and their kids will be there unsupervised. Although by the time that fiasco was over, it was pretty close anyway.

I'll try to post some pictures later.

We then said goodbye to the left over children and left without paying for the party.

1 comment:

Biddy said...

dang! what's thade gonna buy me!?

sorry i missed the party :-( money is way tight right now. i'm still hoping to get there tomorrow though!