The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I want a BEAMER

Thade asked me yesterday if we would buy him a car when he gets his license. I can't help to think back to when I was 10 years old. I'm pretty sure I was happy to have a Huffy bike with streamers and an Atari with 1 pacman game. (By the way, pacman is no longer even a word spellcheck recognizes. How old do I feel??)

Anyhow, here's how the conversation went:
Thade asks, "Mom, when I turn 16 are you and Dad going to buy me a car?"
I reply absently, "I don't know Thade, what type of car do you want?"
Thade: "Well I was thinking maybe a LandRover or Tahoe or Lexus."
I'm thinking, where in the world has he even HEARD of these cars??
I reply sarcastically, "Well how about a BMW?"
Thade, ever so fruitful, replies, "Well those are expensive."

In what fantasy world is a Landrover, Tahoe or Lexus not expensive? At least he has good taste.

4 comments:

Biddy said...

bwaaaaaaaaahahahhahahaha that's hilarious!!! i'd love a tahoe too...will you buy me one!?

The Gradke Family said...

While your at buy me a beamer as well.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

At ten I would have settled for a pony.

swarren said...

I always knew that Thade had class...