The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boys are gross

I'm learning that you have to be VERY specific with your questioning of an 11 year old boy. I found out last night that Thade had not washed his hair in at least a month. Here's how the conversation went:
Thade takes shower for 1 min 20 seconds and is somehow finished.
Rustin: "Thade, did you wash?"
Thade: "Yes."
Rustin: "Did you wash your body?"
Thade: "Yep."
Rustin: "With soap?"
Thade: "Yes, Dad."
Rustin: "Did you wash your hair?"
Thade: "Yes."
All sounds good at this point right? I'm thinking my kid has super powers and can move at lightening speed so he can get to his video games.
Rustin: "Did you wash your hair with shampoo?"
Thade: "No, I'm out of shampoo."
Here's where I chime in and ask, "Gross! How long have you been out of shampoo?"
Thade: "I don't know, maybe a month?"

Which in reality probably means 3+ months.

UGH!

4 comments:

Jill Atkinson said...

Heather (I think that's your name) - I went to high school with Rustin (and as we published in our yearbook - we were going to be bff forever). Natalie's friend, Christa showed me your blog and I have been reading. I must say that you are one of the funniest writers out there! And knowing Rustin it's even funnier - I just wish I knew you too! I hope we can all get together next time you are in Phx - ask Rustin why he is too cool to contact me. And in the meantime - check out my blog :) azatkinsonfam@blogspot.com I must say it is not nearly as entertaining as yours!

The Potts Family said...

You need to have your own reality show of the things that go on at your house! I'm serious!

Jill Atkinson said...

Sounds good! My in-laws will be here so maybe we can all escape somewhere :) or meet at a park so the kids can play. We haven't met Haven yet! Paula has my email and Natalie can get my number from Christa if you want. Rustin did have a few gangsta days in high school when we made up gang names for each other and plotted against the others.

The Gradke Family said...

That is hilarious. And the essay with the vocab word is even more funny.