The Fam

The Fam

Friday, September 5, 2008

The next Tony Romo?

As I mentioned, Thade is playing football this year. Thade hated football 2 years ago. He complained his pants are too tight, his helmet hurts, it's hot and that the other boys tackle him. (rather than what?) He carried that attitude the entire year and got stuck occasionally playing on the defensive line and keeping the bench warm the rest of the time. His energy level matched that of a slug and generally you would find him sitting alone on the bench during the games because it was just too hot and tiring to stand on the side lines with his team-mates.


In this picture, we yelled to him to get off the bench and go be with his team-mates. YES, that is my kid LYING DOWN on the sideline.




This year when sign ups came, I gently encouraged him to give it another try. (Ok, I told him if he didn't play sports, he'd be a geek in high school) I know, I'm a terrible mother but in all seriousness, the kids involved in sports typically have less time to get in trouble! And the last thing my pre-teen wants is to be a geek so I said what I knew would work on him and hoped for the best.

WOW, what a change this year. He is having a great time and apparently has a talent for throwing the ball. Thade will be QB at his first scrimmage on Saturday. He has also been playing some tight end and safety. I couldn't be prouder! I'm very excited about the game tomorrow and if we can juggle the babies and video camera simultaneously, I will post some video next week.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Laughing out loud at the picture of Thade lying on the ground during a game! That is just awesome. I am sure everyone around me is curious about what could be so funny behind my cubicle walls. :)

Anonymous said...

that picture is funnier than you described it!
i love it!